Everyone wants to achieve a megawatt smile. However, many people would prefer to achieve their desired smile without chemical treatments. Here are some tips on how to take care of your pearly whites and put your best grin forward:
- Brush your teeth after drinking or eating. Brushing your teeth after you eat or drink something that is likely to stain your teeth will decrease the likeliness of the color from the liquid or food staining your teeth.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Gargling with apple cider vinegar in the morning can help remove stains from the surface of your teeth. Be sure to brush your teeth after you gargle.
- Green Foods: Greens such as spinach, lettuce, kale, and broccoli have mineral compounds that form a film over your teeth, which helps prevent other foods and drinks from staining the surface of your teeth.
- Baking Soda: Baking Soda’s abrasive texture helps to polish the surface of the teeth, and the chemical reaction between baking soda and water helps to lighten stains. You can use baking soda or a toothpaste with baking soda in it.
- High Cellulose Foods: Eating foods that are high in cellulose such as celery and apples, which are naturally abrasive, help remove surface stains from teeth.
- Strawberries: Strawberries contain an astringent and Vitamin C. The natural astringent helps remove stains, and the Vitamin C helps to clear away plaque.
- Add cream or milk to black tea or coffee. These additions change the chemistry of the tea or coffee, and it makes it more difficult for stains to stick to the surface of your teeth.